UCLA Freshman Regents Scholarship: Applications are open for the UCLA Freshman Regents Scholarship. The Regents of the University of California established this program in 1962 to support the students.
The Regents Scholarship UCLA program is open to entering first-year students and transfer students who wish to earn an undergraduate degree at UCLA. All Regents Scholars are eligible for a $2,000 annual honorarium regardless of financial need.
A fine choice to get financial support to study at UCLA.
The University of California, Los Angeles was founded in 1919 in the US. It provides 337 graduate and bachelor’s degrees through its six colleges, four professional health science schools, and seven professional schools. Currently, a total of 300 Regents Scholars are enrolled at UCLA.
Why at the University of California? With more than 109 academic departments, UCLA offers some of the best academic and student-services programs in various disciplines. At UCLA, students can choose a valuable study from over 125 majors.
The UCLA awards up to 75 Regents scholarships each year. The UCLA Regents award is unique to the UCLA campus and ranges from $2000 to $9000.
- Entering first-year students are awarded a four-year award (12 straight academic quarters not including summer).
- Entering transfer students are granted a two-year grant (6 academic quarters not including summer).
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- University or Organization: Regents of the University of California, Los Angeles
- Department: NA
- Award: $2000 to $9000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: US Citizen
- The prize can get in the USA
UCLA Freshman Regents Scholarship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: the United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be suitable, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The first-time freshman must be still in high school, or have graduated from high school but have not enrolled in a regular session at any college or university.
- Regents Scholars are required to report additional outside financial assistance and/or outside Awards to Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Scholars should maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA during all quarters of attendance and are mandatory to enroll in a minimum of 12 units per quarter.
- Students must notify the Scholarship coordinator of any change in academic status, such as taking less than the required 12 units per quarter, dropping below a 3.0 GPA, or if they are preparing to take an approved leave of absence.
- How to Apply for the UCLA Freshman Regents Scholarship: To get UCLA Regents Scholarship, applicants are required to take admission or transfer to UCLA by filling out the University of California Application for Admission. After that, students will be eligible to apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must prepare a high school transcript, essay, and ACT/SAT score to submit
- Entry Requirements: The minimum GPA for California applicants is 3.0. It’s 3.4 for non-residents. All Regents Scholars are eligible to join the Regents Scholar Society and are strongly encouraged to determine membership in this official campus student organization.
- Language Requirement: must have an excellent knowledge of the English language to study at UCLA.