How to get Work permit in China

Are you still in search of a very reliable and well trusted place and guideline to apply for work permit in China? If yes then all you are required to get a china visa permit is in this page article, so kindly read carefully with comprehension.

About China Work Permit Visa

China Work visa (Z Visa) is issued to those who have obtained employment permit and intend to work in China. A Chinese government issued working permit or employment license is required. Z visa is usually issued for one entry with duration of stay of 000 (means to be determined). Holder of Z visa should enter China within 90 days after visa is issued and must register at local public security bureau within 30 days of arrival, where the China Residence Permit will be issued to replace Z visa to allow multiple entry for one year. In order to apply for China Z Visa, please prepare and send in your application according to the detail requirement explained below.

Required Documents for a Chinese Visa

The documents you will need to file in order to obtain your visa, depend on the type you need. The usual Chinese work visa requirements include the Chinese work permit visa application form, passport, and photograph, as well as:

  • an official letter of invitation
  • a health certificate covering a recent medical exam
  • an official employment license from the Chinese authorities

However, the regulations may vary slightly for special sub-categories of foreign staff, e.g. NGO workers, people employed in the offshore petroleum industry, and several other options.

For the employment license, you need to have a status as a “foreign expert” with special qualifications, e.g. as an EFL-teaching native speaker with a B.Ed., or a contract from a company officially accredited to employ foreign nationals. Fulfilling these visa requirements will help your future employer obtain the employment license for you.

Types of Chinese Visas

Other types of Chinese visas include:

  • M – business visa(duration of stay 30-60 days);
  • F – visa for exchange, visits, study tours (duration of stay 30-90 days)
  • S1/2 – visa for individuals visiting non-resident family in China (duration of stay: S1 – more than 180 days, S2 – up to 180 days)
  • Q1/2 – visa for individuals visiting resident or native family in China (duration of stay: Q1 – more than 180 days, Q2 – up to 180 days)

If you, as a worker, are granted a Z visa, you can bring your family to China under S1/2 visa. However, in this case, your family will not be able to work in China.

For more information, visit the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

How to Register with the Police

In accordance with the Chinese Exit-Entry Administration Law, all foreigners have to register with the Public Security Bureau (PSB) within 24 hours of arrival. If you are staying at a hotel, the staff will take care of this registration for you.

In other cases, you have to take care of this registration yourself. In order to do so, head to your nearest police station, i.e. the local PSB, and bring along the following documents (originals and photocopies):

  • your passport (including your visa),
  • the lease or deed of your home or your host’s household registration,
  • a completed Temporary Residence registration form.

Note that depending on where you are registering your resident address, further or different requirements may apply. Once registered, you will receive your approved Registration Form of Temporary Residence, which is essential for those who need to get a Chinese residence permit. Also, remember to register any change of address when, for example, moving from a hotel into your own apartment, or any changes connected to your visa.

Application Process for a Working Visa in China

Applying for a work visa in China requires going to the closest Chinese Visa Application Service Center or Chinese embassy. Your employee will need to provide basic documents. China also scores work permit applications based on the value the applicant brings to the country with factors such as salary, qualifications, work experience, age, Mandarin proficiency, and more. Depending on how high an applicant scores, they may get additional benefits. We recommend applying for a visa about one month before planning to enter China.

Many of your employees will apply for Z visas and need to obtain a Chinese Residence Permit within 30 days of arriving in China. They must apply for this permit by:

  • Going to the nearest Exit-Entry Administration Service Center
  • Providing a passport
  • Filling out a registration form
  • Filling out a Foreigner’s Visa and Resident Permit Application form
  • Providing a passport photo
  • Showing an official health certificate
  • Providing supporting documents as necessary

Unique Considerations for Visas and Work Permits in China

When your employees submit their working visa application form, they can state how many entries they want — single, double, or multiple. This number will show how often and in which time period they can enter China. For example, returning from a visit to Macao or Hong Kong is counted as a new entry, requiring a double-entry or multiple-entry visa. If your employees don’t plan to go abroad while in China, a single-entry visa will work for them and cost less.