QATAR VISA APPLICATION:
On September 27th, 2017, the Government of Qatar implemented Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). This online system allows eligible visitors to apply for the document electronically. Read to know more.
WHAT IS A QATAR VISA?
An ETA is an Electronic Travel Authorization. It allows the bearer access into the issuing country, without the need for a visa at all. Although some refer to the Qatar ETA as the Qatar visa, Qatar tourist visa, e visa Qatar, or Qatar travel visa, even though the ETA is not technically a visa, it’s essential to know it is still a valid and mandatory document that allows the holder to enter Qatar.
Travelers from a visa-exempt country can travel using this document, instead of a visa.
WHO CAN ENTER QATAR WITH THIS DOCUMENT
Travelers who are not eligible for Visa-free entry to Qatar but hold a valid residence permit or visit Visa to either Schengen countries. Australia, Canada, the UK, the USA, or New Zealand, can obtain the Qatar Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).
You can check your eligibility status online using our Visa Checker tool at the top of this page, just enter where you are coming from and your destination country to find out about the visas for Qatar that are available to you.
How long is the Qatar visa valid?
This new system allows eligible visitors to apply online for the Qatar online visa or ETA. It is valid for up to 30 days after arrival or until the passport expires, whichever comes first. You must have ordinary access valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Qatar. The Qatar visit visa is a single entry permit.
Once you fill out your online Qatar visa application you will be free to travel.
OBTAIN THE QATAR ETA
To apply for the Qatar ETA, just enter your personal information and details about your intended stay in Qatar and your health condition during your Qatar visa application.
The ETA is a requirement for all Visa-exempt travelers.
You can obtain the Qatar visa in just 3 easy steps and it shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes to complete. You will have your Qatar ETA in no time.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY
- An ordinary Passport scan (bio page) with validity for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Qatar.
- A passport-sized photo.
- Airline reservation. Remember it must be a confirmed reservation.
- Proof of accommodation. When staying at a hotel, it is necessary to provide a copy of a hotel reservation. If you are staying with a Qatari resident, an invitation letter from this resident along with his/her Qatar resident visa copy, Qatar ID, and his/her passport bio page is necessary. If you are staying with a Qatari national, it is necessary to provide a copy of his/her Qatari national ID and invitation letter.
- Proof of residence: e.g. Resident card, Resident visa, Utility bill, Tenancy contract, Phone bill, Credit/Debit card bill, the official printed address page on passport.
- Proof of valid visitor visa held for any one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, GCC, New Zealand, Schengen countries, USA or UK. Visa must be valid for at least 30 days after arrival from the date of entry into Qatar.
Processing and fees information for the e-visa Qatar
We offer you 3 options for processing your Qatar visa application, each one catering to different travelers’ needs. If you are applying in advance and have more time to obtain the Qatar visa then your options will be more economical, if you need it in a rush then you’ll be charged a little more for the service.
Here are the choices you’ll have with us:
- Standard Processing Time: This option is for travelers who do not have their trip coming soon and can wait for their travel documents to be processed.
- Rush Processing Time: You will get your ETA faster than standard, but you will have to spend more in the process.
- Super Rush Processing Time: This process is perfect for those who need the document urgently and need to travel as soon as possible.
DISPLAY THE DOCUMENT
Once you finish the application process, pay the processing fee, and submit the form.
We will forward the approved ETA via email within the selected processing time.
Once you receive the document, make sure you print it so you can present it to the immigration officers once you arrive at the airport.
Extending the Visa-Free Stay in Qatar
If you are from one of the countries allowed to enter Qatar without a visa for up to 30 days, you can extend your stay for another 30 days. You can apply for an extension at the Qatar Ministry of Interior’s Immigration Office at the Hamad International Airport or any of the MOI Service Centers across the country.
If you are from one of the countries that are allowed to stay in Qatar without a visa for up to 90 days within a 180-day period, you cannot extend your stay.
Overstaying beyond the permitted time means you have to pay a fee before you leave (QAR 200 per day, which is approximately US$ 54 per day).