In here we shall be discussing on the 5 Steps On How to Reset Car Maintenance Light On Toyota Cars yourself without consulting any mechanic. Do you know that so many people do think that car maintenance required (MAINT REQD) in a golden yellow dose not pass any message in a vehicle.On this page after discussing on how you can comfortably fix your car maintenance required light you can as well know when such MIL (malfunction indication lamp) turns on.
Car maintenance required comes when ever your car needs servicing that is changing engine oil and this normally requires servicing after such car has covered up to 5,000 miles then the car maintenance indication light will appear telling you that your car engine oil is due for change.
Now, lets guide you on the very first steps you are required to take before thinking on how you can reset your car maintenance light. You must make sure that you have duly change a the engine oil required by your car depending the company recommendation. But in absence of such information then you can go by Mobile SHP- 5W-30.
Note: For you to reset your car maintenance indication lamp and it goes must be after you have changed the old engine oil that you have used to run up to 5,000 miles or 10,000 miles.
See Also: How to Use a cruise control on a Car
5 Steps On How to Reset Car Maintenance Light On Toyota Avalon Cars 2004 – 2015
Below here are 5 specific way to follow and correctly reset your car maintenance required light after you have changed an engine oil servicing that will now last for next 5,000 miles or 10,000 miles.
To reset service warning follow below steps:
- With ignition ON and odometer displaying trip-meter A, turn the ignition switch to OFF
- Press and hold the TRIP/RESET or MODE button
- While holding reset button switch ignition ON
NOTE: w/ENGINE START/STOP button keep your foot off brake pedal and push ENGINE START/STOP button twice to get key On/Engine OFF mode
4. Continue to hold the reset button until the odometer displays 000000 and then the original value is displayed
5. Turn the vehicle off and back on to confirm reset was accepted
Alternate Procedure On How to reset Maintenance required light
- On the navigation screen press SETUP
- Then touch VEHICLE then MAINTENANCE
- Touch the desired item in which you need to reset (ie Engine oil, oil filter, tire rotation etc)
- Press Ok when complete
- Repeat steps 3-5 for any other services that were performed
Alternate Procedure On How to Reset Oil Maintenance Required Light
- With ignition On and odometer displaying trip-meter A, turn the ignition switch to OFF
- While holding mph/km button, switch ignition to On position
NOTE: w/ENGINE START/STOP button keep your foot off brake pedal and push ENGINE START/STOP button twice to get key On/Engine OFF mode.
3. While holding reset button switch ignition On
4. Continue to hold the reset button until the odometer displays 000000and/or the MAINT REQD light goes off
5. Turn the vehicle off and back on to confirm reset was accepted.
Is this article helpful? kindly make use of below comment box to react how you feel.