In this post, we will be taking you through how to process your JAMB change of institution/course. You will also get to understand what JAMB change of institution truly is and why it is necessary sometimes.
What is JAMB change of Institution/Course?
JAMB change of institution/course is simply a provision made by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) for candidates to change their chosen institution or course of choice to a new one. There are many reasons why candidates may want to change their institution/course of choice to a new one.
Why JAMB Change of Institution/Course?
There are so many reasons why a candidate may opt to change the initially chosen institution/course. Top of the reasons are outlined here;
- Low UTME Score: The candidate did not meet up with the institution’s or course of choice cut off mark.
- Incomplete O’Level Result: In this case candidates who may have ran into deficiency of required credit passes in some key/relevant subjects may opt in for another course that will accommodate this deficiency.
- Registration Errors/mistake: JAMB change of institution/course also offers candidates who made a mistake while selecting institution or course the opportunity to correct that error.
- Other Reasons: Other reasons may be change of mind, parental influence etc.
JAMB change of institution/course cost a token of N2,500
Steps in processing JAMB change of Institution/Course
1. Visit the official JAMB e-facility at https://www.jamb.org.ng/eFacility
2. Log in with your email and password
3. Select ‘registration’ in the left side bar
4. In the drop-down menu, select ‘UTME Data Correction’
5. Select ‘c
6. Click on ‘Make New Payment’
7. You will be taken to the next page where you will select a payment method. Select Pay with Remita.
8. You will be taken to the remita payment gateway. You can pay online or you go the bank with the RRR to make your payment.
9. After payment, a page will open where you will have the opportunity of changing to a new institution
10. When done, you will print out the Change of Institution/Course slip.
All done! That is it! You have successfully changed your institution/course.
Aside from change of Institution/course, JAMB also allows candidates to change their Date of Birth, State/LGA and Gender.
- Any difference between JAMB change of institution and change of course?
JAMB Change of Institution and Change of Course is the same thing. It is the same process that allows you to change both your institution of choice and your course of choice
- How many times am I allowed to effect this change?
You can change your Institution/course of choice up to 2 times, but you have to pay for each of them.
- When do i change my institution/course?
As soon as the UTME result is released, you can process your change of institution/course.
I hope this was useful?
Keep visiting this site for more useful updates.