We are pleased to inform you and the general public that the Japan world bank graduate scholarship form is out for every interested candidates who may wish to apply online here. So all you need to do is to keep reading below to see our guidelines.
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to women and men from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic.
Host Institutions/Programs of study
JJWBGSP offers scholarships for 48 Participating Programs at universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
Developing country Nationals of World Bank Member Countries
A JJWBGSP scholarship provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
Please note that all JJ/WBGSP scholarships cover the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a national of a World Bank member country on this list;
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. Have at least 3 years of paid development-related employment since earning a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) and acquired within the past 6 years from the date of the Application Deadline.
- On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP participating master’s programs located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications opens. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
The 2021 Application round opened on 22 March 2021.
- To be considered for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship, you must first apply and be unconditionally accepted for admissions to at least one of the Participating Programs.
- The scholarship application must be submitted online before 21 May 2021.
- In your application, YOU NEED TO UPLOAD AN UNCONDITIONAL LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE from a participating master’s degree program.
- Maintain one Profile: While applying, ensure that you adhere strictly to single profile. Don’t add different profiles.
- Use of Legal details: Ensure that you maintain one name. Using varying names will stand you out from benefiting from this.
- Instruction: Be courteous to instructions outlined. Read and read it again to avoid silly mistake.
- Ask Question: Ask question where you are confuse to avoid going contrary to the directives and procedures.
- Application Review: Before you conclude tour application, kindly cross check your details/ Profile before you summit.
What you should do during the Registration
- Capitalization: Ensure that your words, that’s your name is in capital letter or in small letter where necessary. Write your name bodily.
- Arrangement: Ensure that you arrange your name in a sequential order. This is very important.
- Notification: Be checking your email address to know when message is been sent to you.
- Communication: Use understandable language or words. That use ambiguous words to avoid confusion.
- Dual Registration: Don’t register twice. Once you have registered, wait for responses and do go on to make dual registration to avoid complications.
However, it is important to visit the Application Guidelines official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: