Have you been looking for how to Transpose on Keyboard before playing music in other to make nice melodious sound to the hearing of people? If yes, Kindly, carefully read with us here on this article as we guide you on step by steps to transpose your keyboard. Keep reading to see how to transpose music.Before now we have found out that so many of our fans do find it very difficult when trying to transpose on piano but after reading with us on this article such person will always transpose freely without stress. But before then i would like to explain on this below frequent questions as shown below:
- What is transpose?
- why do we transpose?
- principles of transpose?
- How can one transpose effectively?
Having listed above here what people do ask concerning keyboard transpose, now i would like to explain them one after the other.
What is transpose?
In a simple term, transpose on the keyboard or music in general means to change or exchange one key for another key.
why do we transpose?
One may ask why do we transpose one the keyboard , the reasons why we transpose are
- For Convenience ; A singer or vocalist may not be able singe conveniently on a particular key maybe due to the pitch is too high for his or her voice so their is need for him or her to change the key to a more convenient one.
- Also for the instrumentalist mostly the keyboardist .They may use transpose because they are not play on a particular key.So they use the transpose button found on the piano or keyboard
principles of transpose?
In this area we are going to flash back to our elementary mathematics(number line) were we have something like this
– 12 11-10-9_8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 0 +1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12
points you must note
- the number zero is your convenient key as well as -12 and +12
all this stands for the twelve keys
- always put you transpose on number zero
- when transposing you count in descending other or ascending other that is semitones or half steps to the key you want to transpose
example if you favorite key is F# that means you F# is number zero if you want to transpose to a key of G that means your transpose should be in +1 , if it is C that means it should be in +6 if it is F or E that means it should be -1 or – 2 respectively
How can one transpose effectively?
- by humming the root note when the song is at its root note. this is very tedious at a start but becomes easier as time goes on
- By touching the keys randomly to get the root note
- you need an experienced teacher to tell you if you are right or wrong
- you need constant practice to make you transpose faster