Maybe you have a well-written book and you are wondering how to publish it on a low budget. Or you are stuck with wonderful ideas and you don’t know how best t show it to the world. This post will show you how to self-publish your book on Amazon kindle for free…
STEPS TO GETTING YOUR BOOK PUBLISHED
READ ALSO: Top 10 Websites that pay you to write
STEP 1: IDEA DEVELOPMENT
The first step to getting your book published is to write…yes…write the book. You have to create beautiful content that people would be interested in. You don’t want to put up a book that people will not check. Take your time to think about what to write. When you properly develop a thought, put them down.
STEP 2: REVIEW AND EDIT
After writing your book, the next thing is to get a good book editor. There are many ways to get an expert to edit your book. You may want to hire a freelance professional on any of the freelancing sites like Fiverr, Upwork etc. You can also get a friend or family member to do that for you. But make sure the person editing your book will do a professional job.
STEP 3: FORMAT
Before you can publish your book on Amazon Kindle, another very important thing to do is to format your book for Kindle. There are many ways to put your book in kindle format; you may also want to get a freelance expert to do that for you or you do it yourself. If you would like to do it yourself, tons of software can help you, like Calibre, Kindle Create etc.
STEP 4: BOOK COVER DESIGN
The next thing that should be on your mind after writing, editing and formatting is to get a marketable cover design. An attractive cover page is the first selling point of a book. Though it is usually said that you don’t judge a book by the cover. But then, the book cover draws in people’s interest first before they even get to check the content.
Book cover design is not what you just do with unprofessionalism. Don’t forget, it is your book’s first selling point. You need the services of an expert for your book cover design. Check out 99 Designs or Crowdspring, both affordable crowd-sourcing services. Ask for an image that is a JPEG file and at least 2500 pixels on the longest side with a height/weight ratio of 1.6 (what Amazon recommends in their publishing guidelines).
Double-check everything and have friends proofread for errors.
STEP 5: PUBLISH
After all the above-stated steps;
- You have written a wonderful book,
- It has been well edited,
- You have a brilliant book cover design,
- What next?
This is probably where people always meet a dead end. But that shouldn’t be. All you need to get your book published on Amazon is just these few steps outlined below;
- Log on to kdp.amazon.com
- You will need to create an account if you don’t already have one. If you have an account already, just sign in
- Register your tax info for royalties.
- Click on “Bookshelf” and then “Add new title.”
- Fill out the form containing the following information;
- book title,
- description, and
- keywords (to help people find your book)
- Upload your cover page (JPEG format).
- Upload your book file (Amazon supports wide range of formats e.g. .doc, .docx, .pdf, .epub etc.
- Check your book with Amazon’s online viewer to make sure it looks right.
- Click on “Save and continue” and advance to the “Rights and Pricing” page.
- Select “Worldwide Rights.”
- Choose a 70% royalty rate and select your price, letting the international prices adjust based on the US price. Most e-books are priced $2.99-9.99
- Click on ‘Save and Publish’.
Amazon will send you an email you when your book is ready, which may take 24–48 hours but may also take less.
STEP 6: PROMOTE
The next thing after publishing your book is to promote it. To properly promote your book, you need a review. The review lets people know how valuable your books are. How then do you get an initial book review?
- Before the book’s release, send the book to friends, family, and followers online who would be willing to leave a review. There is also an online platform that can give you free book reviews, StoryCartel.com. You may want to check it out.
- Encourage your early readers to leave reviews. And remember, honest evaluation of your book will give it greater authority than a bunch of shallow praise.
STEP 7: LAUNCH
After you get some reviews, it’s time to launch your e-book. The following tips can be quite useful in helping you launch your books;
- Enclose a motivation package with your book, offer a tempting incentive. Andy Traub, who made over $20,000 in 90 days with an eBook, gave away the audiobook, 30-day email course, and exclusive membership to an online community with his book
- Send an email to your list of friends, family, and/or blog subscribers, announcing the release of your book.
- Social media is another veritable means of spreading the word about your book launch. Do well to key into its wide advantage.
- Share your e-book with online forums and book directories. Kimanzi Constable, who sold over 80,000 copies of his books, said this was a key strategy. As the book begins to sell, tell people about it. This is called “social proof” and will create a snowball effect that can help you sell even more.
You can’t keep on holding back that brilliant idea of yours to yourself; the world wants to see it. And our modern technological age has made things easier for you. So, what are you still waiting for? Take advantage of this Amazon kindle Free Self-publishing platform.
Get on to Amazon Kindle and publish your book today!
For more enquiries/personal guide, do well to leave a comment below.
Do you have a tip that can also be of use to us? Please let us know using the comment box below.
Don’t forget to bookmark our URL and keep visiting for interesting information.