How to Overcome Corona Virus – As the world is enraged by the menace of corona virus, how to overcome it becomes the order of the day. Here we shall extensively educate you on…
Well, we shall enlighten you here on the best ways to get through the pandemic as a lot of people are undoubtedly in boredom, day-in day-out. Patients are in fear of exposing their feelings in order not to be regarded Covid-19 positive or get quarantined. So many of them who have incurable diseases are left helpless. Precisely, the means of getting them drugs are mainly locked down and worst still, If found at any place, the price would be high. Still business centers closed; no medium of exchange nor finance to acquire the high price rated drugs.
All these and more are what so many people face all over the world today.Those who are in this category of hardship know that it is not at all funny. However, may we state clearly to you the professional measures with which one can ease the curfew. Of most paramount importance is the first point below while others are sub vital ways to curb corona virus as we wait for approved drugs:
- Get through one self: To get through oneself is not so easy to decide. Though this could be simple to your hearing but until you have been in some unfortunates before or during this lock down, then you can get it obvious. Do you know that many as acclaimed by WHO to have died of the virus was not truly killed by it? The fact is that they faced heart trauma while quarantined and so could not share their feelings with friends and or health workers who would have given them some piece of advice to become courageous. So, the unconditional isolation definitely brought one case to another till they are perfected dead. Do you still know that so many people individually had incurable diseases before and during the pandemic? Unfortunately some got stuck in with their prescribed drugs. No cash at hand to purchase more. for instance, a diabetic patient might be in search of syringes but may not find it within their reach even when they have the money. Same way, asthmatic patients may not reach out their inhalers which might lead to their death.
Among all, people use this period as avenue for money making whereby some of these products or drugs which are not within the reach of the consumers or patients are still been bought by those within its reach and sold them at very high price.Is this proper?
Therefore, it is crucial that we encourage ourselves and also the victims of the deadly virus. Help those who are within our reach by many ways like giving them financial supports, sales of products (drugs, food items) at normal rates and other self sacrifices. For without getting through ourselves; we cant get through the pandemic. Selflessness!
Considering the preventive measures adopted by World Health Organisation over curtailing the menace of Covid-19, the instructions below are of great help:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Why? Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and others. Why? When someone coughs, sneezes, or speaks they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person has the disease.
- Avoid going to crowded places. Why? Where people come together in crowds, you are more likely to come into close contact with someone that has COIVD-19 and it is more difficult to maintain physical distance of 1 metre (3 feet).
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Why? Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and infect you.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately and wash your hands. Why? Droplets spread virus. By following good respiratory hygiene, you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover. Have someone bring you supplies. If you need to leave your house, wear a mask to avoid infecting others. Why? Avoiding contact with others will protect them from possible COVID-19 and other viruses.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, but call by telephone in advance if possible and follow the directions of your local health authority. Why? National and local authorities will have the most up to date information on the situation in your area. Calling in advance will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This will also protect you and help prevent spread of viruses and other infections.
- Keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as WHO or your local and national health authorities. Why? Local and national authorities are best placed to advise on what people in your area should be doing to protect themselves.
Share your thoughts on the comment box below.