How to Create a Twitter Account is what you are going to be reading about in this page article. We know that so many of our fans still finds it very difficult to register new twitter account which is what we shall be talking about here steps to create new twitter account.If you have been search looking for the best way you can share pictures with friends or advertise more about your business online, then twitter sign up is the answer to your question.
So many of our fans is still asking question to know what twitter.com is all about, before i start showing you the steps on how to register twitter account i would like to introduce to you what twitter is all about.
Twitter is a social networking site launched in 2006, is undoubtedly one of the most popular and largest social media platforms available today, with 100 million daily active users and 500 million tweets sent daily.
How Twitter Works
Twitter is easy to use as either broadcaster or receiver. You join with a free account and Twitter name. Then you send broadcasts (tweets) daily, hourly, or as frequently as you like. Go to the What’s Happening box, type 280 or fewer characters, and click Tweet. People who follow you, and potentially others who don’t, will see your tweet.
How to Create a Twitter Account @ www.twitter.com
- Go to http://twitter.com and find the sign up box, or go directly to https://twitter.com/signup.
- You will be guided through our sign up experience and prompted to enter information such as your name and email address.
- If you choose to sign up with an email address, we will require you to verify your email address by sending you an email with instructions.
- If you choose to sign up with a phone number, we will require you to verify by sending you an SMS text message with a code. You may also request a voice call to verify your phone number. Enter the verification code in the box provided. Learn more about having a phone number associated with your account.
- Once you sign up for an account, you can select a username (usernames are unique identifiers on Twitter). We’ll tell you if the username you want is available.
- Learn how to customize settings for your new account.
Twitter on your mobile device
Tips for picking a username
- Your username is the name your followers use when sending replies, mentions, and Direct Messages.
- It will also form the URL of your Twitter profile page. We’ll provide a few available suggestions when you sign up, but feel free to choose your own.
- Note: You can change your username in your account settings at any time, as long as the new username is not already in use.
- Usernames must be fewer than 15 characters in length and cannot contain “admin” or “Twitter”, in order to avoid brand confusion.
Important information about signing up with email address
- An email address can only be associated with one Twitter account at a time.
- The email address you use on your Twitter account is not publicly visible to others on Twitter.
First steps after you’ve created your account
- Find and follow news sources, friends, more on Twitter. After signing up, follow a handful of accounts to create a customized stream of information on your home timeline. Following means you’ll get that user’s Tweets on your Twitter home timeline. You can unfollow anyone at any time.
- Read our Getting started with Twitter guide.
- Learn about using Twitter.
If you are signing up for an account using an older version of Internet Explorer (IE9 or earlier), you may be redirected to mobile.twitter.com to complete the sign-up. Learn more about using twitter.com on supported browsers.