Fully Funded Scholarship For Nigerian Student – A scholarship is a grant or money which is given to students as support to cover school bills. Unknown to several students in Nigeria, there are numerous scholarship opportunities which are legit and available for undergraduate and postgraduate students studying in Nigeria.
What is the good thing about these scholarships in Nigeria?
Most of these scholarships are offered and sponsored by top Oil and Gas companies, Multi-National companies, governments, and private philanthropic foundations. I have taken time to specially compile some of the scholarship opportunities for Nigerian students in 2022 each detail of each scholarship. Good luck to everyone who wishes to apply for these scholarships for Nigerian students.
For the Nigerian student who just graduated from secondary school, and needs a good university to undergo their Bachelor’s degree program, Scholarship Air has compiled a list of undergraduate scholarship programs which offers you the opportunity to study at any university within Nigeria or abroad.
The undergraduate scholarship scheme aims to assist fresh university students and those still seeking for admission into the university to get their Bachelor’s Degrees in Nigeria or oversea.
Below is our list of free, popular, and easy-to-get undergraduate financial aid opportunities for the year 2022 which Nigerian students, International students, and every other African developing countries as well, can apply for.
U.S. Mission Nigeria 2022 Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program (FLTA) for Nigerian (USA)
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Mission Nigeria invites applications from qualified Nigerians wishing to teach Hausa or Yoruba languages and cultures to American students in U.S. universities and colleges.
The FLTA program is designed to offer young foreign teachers an opportunity to teach Yoruba language and culture to American students in universities and colleges. The program also gives an opportunity for participants to refine their teaching skills, increase their English language proficiency and extend their knowledge of the cultures and customs of the United States by engaging in non-degree studies while strengthening the instruction of foreign languages at U.S. colleges and universities. Becoming a participant carries with it a great responsibility. Along with their studies, participants teach language courses, supervise language labs and lead language table discussions. They may also act as resource persons in conversation groups, cultural representatives, attendants in language laboratories, coordinators of extra-curricular activities, guest speakers in civilization courses, head of language clubs, houses, tables and much more.
Aim and Benefits of Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program (FLTA)
The grant covers the grantee’s round trip airfare to the U.S., a settling-in allowance, monthly stipend, housing allowance, health insurance, and tuition scholarship for their coursework. Provisions will be made for participants to attend a Fulbright FLTA Summer Orientation in the United States prior to beginning their program. During the FLTA program, fellows are also invited to participate in special Fulbright enrichment seminar and conference for professional development and networking opportunity.
Requirements for Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program (FLTA) Qualification
To be qualified for this program:
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of Nigeria, or permanent residents holding a valid passport issued by the government of Nigeria. He or she must be residing in the country at the time of application
- Applicants must be graduates who have received their bachelor degrees in English language, Education, Linguistics, Yoruba, Hausa and Languages
- Applicants must be teachers of English Language or Yoruba or Hausa in Nigerian secondary schools, colleges or universities. Proven years of teaching experience are mandatory
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their employer
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and high level of English proficiency as demonstrated by a minimum score of 90 in the Internet Based TOEFL test.
- Applicants must have at least a credit in Yoruba language in WAEC/NECO
- Applicants must have an in-depth knowledge of Yoruba or Hausa culture and current events in Nigeria. They must have sincere interest in teaching Hausa or Yoruba language and culture to students in the U.S.
- Applicants must have leadership skills and the ability to motivate students in an emphatic manner
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate maturity, dependability, creativity, professionalism, flexibility, and a willingness to learn
- Applicants must be ready to become a cultural ambassador interested in meeting people and becoming part of community events and campus activities
- Applicants must have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program as scheduled and to returning home
- The FLTA program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Applicants that are found to have plagiarized in their application will be disqualified.
University of Sheffield UK 2022 Gaza-Palestine Taught Postgraduate Scholarship
We’re pleased to offer one scholarship for a taught postgraduate student from Gaza.
The scholarship covers the cost of tuition, accommodation in a single occupant en-suite room in University halls of residence and a maintenance award of £4,000.
About University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield developed from three local institutions: the Sheffield School of Medicine, Firth College and the Sheffield Technical School. The School of Medicine, founded 1828, was by far the oldest. Its early history was very insecure and it was saved from collapse by the opening of Firth College, which took over the teaching of all basic science subjects to medical students.
Requirements for University of Sheffield Masters Scholarship Qualification
- The university of Sheffield is offering this Scholarship to citizens of Gaza that cover the tuition fees and offers support towards living expenses.
- Candidates must be classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- Candidates must be self-funded.
- Candidates must have received a conditional or an unconditional offer for entry into a full-time postgraduate taught Masters’ course from the University of Sheffield by September 2022.
- Distance learning, part-time students are ineligible to apply.
- Candidates must not be in receipt of other scholarships/discounts/rewards from university or external sources.
- Candidates applying for this scholarship must provide a clear rationale for entry into a postgraduate program.
- Future ambitions, goals related to the proposed postgraduate degree and must be clearly articulated.
- Candidates must also justify how their learning will be beneficial for others.
- Applicants must outline challenges to academic progress and how they will overcome the barriers.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by UK universities. A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship covers tuition fees and study grants where required.
To apply for the scholarship, you must:
• Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
• Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
• Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases
• Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship
You must apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme. You must also secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying.
To apply for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, you must make your application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS), in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. All applications must be submitted by 18:00 (GMT) on 15 March 2022 at the latest. Supporting documents must be submitted by 17:00 (GMT) on 5 April 2022.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. All enquiries about these scholarships should be directed to the university to which you wish to apply.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to women and men from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic. JJWBGSP offers scholarships for participating programs at universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan.
A JJWBGSP scholarship provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
Please note all JJ/WBGSP scholarships cover the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Be a national of a World Bank member country on this list;
• Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
• Be in good health;
• Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
• Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
• Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. Have at least 3 years of paid development-related employment since earning a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) and acquired within the past 6 years from the date of the Application Deadline.
• On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP participating master’s programs located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications opens. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application.
• Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
To be considered for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship, you must first apply and be unconditionally accepted for admissions to at least one of the Participating Programs. In your application, YOU NEED TO UPLOAD AN UNCONDITIONAL LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE from a participating master’s degree program. Appications are done online once the scholarship opens.
Fully Funded The University of Nottingham UK 2022 Sensor Fusion for Sustainable Process Technology PhD Studentship
Sensor Fusion for Sustainable Process Technology
Highly motivated candidates are invited to apply for this exciting 4-year EPSRC funded iCASE PhD studentship with Schlumberger Cambridge Research to develop the next generation of chemical engineering smart algorithms for information integration applying state-of-the-art sensor fusion and Artificial Intelligence/machine learning methods. This project offers a unique opportunity to develop state-of-the-art information integration algorithms enabling improved sensing, with reduced uncertainty. It can unlock enhanced, rigorous, and adaptive optimisation schemes for processes ensuring a reduced carbon footprint while satisfying technoeconomic objectives. This is achieved through leveraging recent developments in fields of autonomous vehicle navigation, information integration, robotics, machine learning (e.g., deep learning, data fusion, and descriptive analytics), and computational optimisation techniques (e.g., hyper-heuristics).
About University of Nottingham
The University of Nottingham is a public research university in Nottingham, United Kingdom. It was founded as University College Nottingham in 1881, and was granted a royal charter in 1948. Nottingham’s main campus (University Park) with Jubilee Campus and teaching hospital (Queen’s Medical Centre) are located within the City of Nottingham, with a number of smaller campuses and sites elsewhere in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Outside the UK, the university has campuses in Semenyih, Malaysia and Ningbo, China.
Aim and Benefits of The University of Nottingham PhD Scholarship
This studentship offers a stipend (currently £17,999/annum) + tuition fees + training + travel budget.
Requirements for The University of Nottingham PhD Scholarship Qualification
- Open to all nationalities.
- Applicants are expected to hold (or expected to achieve) at least a 2:1 Honours degree or a distinction or high merit at MSc level (or international equivalent) in a relevant subject (e.g., Chemical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science etc.).
- This scholarship offers enhanced support to individuals with primary care responsibilities or disabilities.
- The deadline to apply for this scholarship is 31st March 2022.
- Applicants should have very good verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, imaginative and have the strong problem-solving ability.
USIP 2022 Generation Change Fellows Program for Nigerians(Fully Funded)
The Generation Change Fellows Program (GCFP) is dedicated to strengthening the capacity of civically engaged youth leaders as they emerge as peacebuilders in their communities. By delivering training in effective leadership, conflict management, and prejudice awareness and reduction; providing online courses and other resources; and fostering a global learning community, the two year Fellowship gives participants the additional skills, knowledge, support, and resources needed to increase their resilience as peacebuilders and civic leaders, manage conflict at a local level, and increase the effectiveness of their peacebuilding programs.
The five day program will deliver training in effective leadership, conflict management, and prejudice awareness and reduction in order for these emerging leaders to increase their resilience and have a greater impact on their respective communities. The training will provide a safe space for participants to share ideas, gain new tools, practice constructive conversations, and better understand conflict resolution, especially as it relates to their country. It will also expose participants to experts in the leadership development and conflict resolution fields.
About United States Institute of Peace(USIP)
The United States Institute of Peace (USIP) is an American federal institution tasked with promoting conflict resolution and prevention worldwide. It provides research, analysis, and training to individuals in diplomacy, mediation, and other peace-building measures.
Aim and Benefits of USIP Generation Change Fellows Program
- USIP will pay for participant airfare, lodging, meal, and visa expenses.
Requirements for USIP Generation Change Fellows Program Qualification
- Must be of Nigerian origin.
- Must currently live and work in Nigeria.
- Must be 18-35 years old.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have founded a peacebuilding organization or have worked in a leadership role in an organization that does peacebuilding work for at least 3 years.
- Must possess a willingness to participate and learn from peers and facilitators.
- Must be able to travel and fully commit to the program between April 25-May 1, 2022. These dates may change depending on restrictions related to COVID-19.
- Must have a valid ID to travel.
- USIP will pay for participant airfare, lodging, meal, and visa expenses.
Click Here to APPLY NOW