Business Visa Application Requirements for a China Visa: If you are traveling to China and you are not a citizen of the UK or a country in the European Economic Area (the EU plus Norway, Iceland, and Lichtenstein), you may need to apply for a visa.
Business Visa Application Requirements for a China Visa:
- PassportYou must provide your actual signed passport, including one copy of the personal information page of your passport. Your passport must:
- Be valid for six months beyond the length of your requested visa (for example, if you are requesting a 12-month visa your passport must be valid for 18 months )
- Contain at least two blank visa pages for the visa stamp (amendments and endorsement pages cannot be used to fulfill this requirement)
- If requesting multiple entries, the passport must contain at least two blank facing visa pages, there can be no stamps or amendment endorsement type on the pages
- Not be frayed, torn, separated, or altered in any other way
If your passport does not meet these requirements, please contact VisaCentral at 877-535-0688 for further details.
- PhotographsYou must provide one color, passport-type photograph that meets the following criteria:
- Be taken within the last six months, against an all-white background, and printed on high-quality photo paper
- Be 48 mm tall by 33 mm wide exactly. Note many passport photo vendors provide standard photos that are 2 inches by 2 inches
- Provide the full frontal view of your head with your face centered in the middle and displaying a neutral (non-smiling) expression, eyes open, ears visible
- No background light or shadow over your face
- You may not wear eyeglasses, jewelry, or headwear except for religious purposes
- You should not wear any garment identical to the photo background
- Your photo should not be affixed to your application and it may not display evidence of adhesive tape or staples
- Letter of InvitationYou must provide a letter of invitation. Use the included template in this kit as a guide to the content and format of the invitation. All components of the template are required.
- Business Cover LetterYou are required to provide a Business Cover Letter from your U.S.-based company. All letters must be printed on company letterhead that displays a U.S. mailing address. Use the included sample Business Cover Letter to complete your letter. In addition to the language provided in the sample, your Business Cover Letter must:
- The letter must be addressed to the Embassy of China
- Proof of State ResidencyYou must provide proof of your current address of residency. The document must either be a copy of the front of your driver’s license or government ID, or a utility bill. The document must:
- Display your name as it appears on your passport
- Display the current residence address as provided on your visa application
Please note, that if you must submit a utility bill the consulate requires an electric, gas, or water bill; phone and cable bills are not accepted.
- PU LetterIf you have secured your own PU it must show the consulate applicable to your jurisdiction. If you are unsure about the PU or need VisaCentral to assist in obtaining this requirement please contact VisaCentral for further directions.
- VisaCentral Order FormProvide the VisaCentral Order Form included in this kit.
- Visa Application FormOne fully completed and signed visa application form. The application must:
- Be completed online
- Include answers for all required fields (NA where not applicable)
- List the name of the traveler exactly as it is written in the passport
- Be printed single-sided
- Be dated and signed in blue or black ink
- Be enclosed with all other documents in your visa application kit
VisaCentral provides a guide to assist you in completing the application. To access the guide follow this link: https://visacentral.com/forms?formname=China Application Guide.pdf or type the address into your browser.
- Authorization LetterYou must provide a letter of authorization found in this kit, authorizing VisaCentral to submit and collect your visa application and documents on your behalf.
- Former PRC Nationals or Individuals Born in Chinese TerritoriesIf you are a former PRC passport holder or were born in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, or Macau:
- You must write your name in Chinese characters for question 1.2 on the visa application form
- You must provide a copy of your most recent China visa and a copy of the passport in which the visa was issued
- If you have never been issued a China visa you must submit your original China passport and a copy of your Green Card, and a copy of your Naturalization Certificate
- If you were adopted from China you must also include a copy of your adoption papers showing your adoptive parents’ names, name change, and photo with your parents (do not include the original papers). If applicable, include a copy of your naturalization certificate and U.S. birth certificate.
- Media Professionals and Religious ProfessionalsIf you are a religious professional, media professional, or employed by a media company, even if you are not traveling for business purposes, you must submit both a personal statement and a letter from your employer on company letterhead indicating that you are not traveling on company business and will not be performing any media or religious related work.
- Previous VisasIf you have been granted a China visa in the past, you must provide a copy of the most recent issued China visa. If the visa is not located in your current passport, you must submit the original passport containing the previous China visa.
- China Visa ValidityApplicants will be eligible for a 10-year visa provided that the traveler has at least one year of remaining validity on their U.S. Passport. If you have less than one year you will be granted a six-month visa to China.
VisaCentral can help you renew your passport. Call 877-535-0688 for more information.
- U.S. Citizens Born in Certain CountriesU.S. citizens born in Afghanistan, Cameroon, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Nigeria, Tunisia, Turkey, or Syria who are currently traveling to China with their American passport will need to make a personal appearance in order to apply for a visa to China. VisaCentral will be unable to assist you with your visa request.
- Proof of VaccineYou may provide your original CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Card showing full vaccination status or you may provide a notarized copy of the front and back of the Vaccination card.
- Travel RecordYou must provide a copy of the travel record form included in this kit. The form must:
- Include all countries that you have visited
- Be signed
- Include entry/exit dates of each travel
- NGO/Non-Profit WorkersIf applying for a business visa, you must provide an employer letter and personal statement. Processing time varies on a case-by-case basis. If your employer is an NGO or nonprofit your application will require additional review by the China Visa Section.
- Applicants with Criminal RecordTravelers with a criminal record will be required to appear in person at the consulate in order to provide biometrics.
- Urgent ApplicationsIf you have an urgent visa application that carries a tight deadline, VisaCentral can help you to save valuable time and avoid expensive delays. A VisaCentral expert will review all of your documents to certify your application is accurate, complete, and ready for submission. We will contact you personally to quickly handle any mistakes ensuring your application is submitted correctly. Visit https://visacentral.com/visa-pre-check-service to learn more about this service.
- Additional DocumentsYou must complete a “Where You Stay” form included in this kits