Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019 – The Nigerian Army has advertized for Short Service Combatant and Direct Short Service commission courses. Applications are therefore invited from eligible Nigerians, both civilians and serving military personnel for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Short Service Combatant (SSC) Commission and Direct Short Service (DSS) officers…
NOTE: Only serving military personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions shall be considered.
Direct Short Service Course
For Direct Service Service Course, applications should be into any of the following Corps and Services of the Nigerian Army:
ALSO READ: Easy Steps to Apply for and obtain a Nigerian International Passport
Nigerian Army Engineers:
Qualification: A minimum of BSc, B Eng (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the under-listed discipline;
- Structural Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Land Survey
- Quantity Survey and Geo-Informatics/GIS.
Nigerian Army Signals:
Qualification: Minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas:
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Computer Science Engineer
- Telecommunications Engineer
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Information Technology Systems Engineer
- DataBase Managers/Administrators
- Software Engineers
- Robotics Technology Engineers
- Website Design
- Satellite Communication Engineers
- Switch/Terminal/Network Engineers and Fibre Optics Engineers.
Note: Working knowledge and certification in any of Alien Vault SIEM, Behavioral Analytics, ML/AI, SOAR tooling, Vulnerability Management, Threat Intelligence Feeds and Process, Security Incident Response Processes and Activities, Firewalls/Email/Proxy/ERP, Office 365, AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud or similar securities technologies like Force Point, Intune and MFA is an added advantage.
Nigerian Army Intelligence Corps.
Qualification: Minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas;
- Computer Scientists,
- Forensic Analyst,
- ICT Specialist,
- International Relations and Strategic Studies.
Also, applicants with working knowledge and certification in any of CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker, CISM: Certified Information Security Manager, CompTIA Security+, CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional, GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials, CCA Data Analyst, Docker Certified Associate, Kubeetes Certification, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, Certificate in any of these Courses will be at a more vantage point.
Nigerian Army Corps of Supply and Transport.
Qualification: A minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas:
- Catering and Hotel Management
- Business Administration and Hospitality Services.
Good working experience will be an added advantage.
Nigerian Army Ordnance Corps
Qualification: A minimum of BSc, B Engr, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Textile Technology/Leather Works
- Printing Technology
- Purchasing & Supply
- Logistic Management
- Chemical Engineering.
Nigerian Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.
Qualification: A minimum of B Eng, BSc (Eng) (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Automotive Engineering
- Electrical Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineer
- Materials/Metallurgical Engineering and Auto/Engineering Designs.
- Production Engineering
- Computer Engineering.
In addition, applicants must be registered with the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
Nigerian Army Medical Corps.
- Medical and Dental Consultants.
Applicants should meet the following requirements;
- Could belong to specializations such as General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Anesthesia, Neuro Surgery, Cardiothoracic, ENT Surgeons and Physicians (Cardiologists, Endocrinologist, Nephrologists and Neurologists) and Ophthalmologists. Other relevant fields include Obstetrics & Gynaecologists, Paediatricians and Family Physicians.
- Be a Fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or equivalent Postgraduate Medical College.
- Less than 40 years of age.
- Be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) for the undergraduate degree and additional registered postgraduate qualification as appropriate.
- Have current MDCN license to practice as a specialist.
- General Duty Medical/Dental Officers.
Applicants must possess MBBS/BDS or equivalent and must be fully registered with the MDCN.
Applicants must possess Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
- Dental Therapists and Dental Technologists.
Applicants must possess Higher Diplomas and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
- Clinical Psychologists.
Applicants must possess BSc in Clinical Psychology.
Applicants must possess BSc Nursing with full registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Applicants must possess Bachelor of Pharmacy and must be fully registered with the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
- Professionals Allied to Medicine.
Qualification: A minimum of Second Class Lower degree in any of the following areas:
- Radiology – Medical Image Science
- Hospital Administration
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Environmental Health Workers
- Health Service Administration
- Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapist
- Health Information Management.
Note: All applicants for Medical Corps, are expected to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies and current practising license.
Nigerian Army Band Corps.
Qualification: A minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND Lower Credit or equivalent in Music with L.R.A.M and A.R.C.M.
Nigerian Army Corps of Military Police.
Qualification: LLB BL, and a minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas:
Nigerian Army Finance Corps.
Qualification: A minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Insurance and Business Management.
- Registration with any of the following Professional Accountancy qualification is required: ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA.
Nigerian Army Education Corps.
A minimum of Second Class Lower degree in any of the following areas: Chemistry BSc (Ed)
- Physics BSc (Ed)
- Mathematics BSc (Ed)
- Biology BSc (Ed)
- Library/Information Science BSc (Ed)
- French B Ed
- Portuguese B Ed
- German B Ed
- English Languages B Ed
Note: All applicants for Education Corps, are expected to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies.
Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
Qualification: Minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree in
- Pastoral & Counseling
- Religious Studies (Ordination)
- Evangelism and BA in Ministry.
Masters Degree in any of the above courses will be an added advantage.
NOTE: The Qualification must be from reputable Seminaries/Universities recognized by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant). Applicants must be Ordained from the Protestant recognized denominations of Mainland Orthodox/Evangelical Churches. Soldier applicants must have served the NA with a minimum of 5 years experience in Chaplaincy work and must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
A minimum of Bachelor (Second Class Lower) degree in Philosophy and Theology from a Roman Catholic approved seminary, affiliated to a National Universities Commission accredited University or Urbanian University, Rome and must also have good standing in the church. Applicants must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
Directorate of Islamic Affairs.
Qualification: A minimum of BA, B Ed (Second Class Lower) degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies, LLB Sharia with Diploma in Arabic from recognized Nigerian universities, Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University. Each applicant would be required to produce testimony of excellent character from a reputable religious organization in Nigeria. Applicants must be able to speak the English Language.
Directorate of Legal Service.
Qualification: Applicants must possess LLB BL from a recognized institution. A minimum of 2 years post Law School legal practise is required and applicants must present evidence of this.
Directorate of Army Public Relations.
Qualification: Minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in
- Radio and Television Broadcasting
- Radio Operation and Performance
- Graphic Design, Public Relations and Advertising.
Applicants must have evidence of Membership to any Professional body in relation to media operation and journalism.
Directorate of Army Physical Training.
Qualification: A minimum of Second Class Lower degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas:
- Human Kinetics Specialist
- Physical and Health Education
- Sports Administration
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Psychology.
Directorate of Army Aviation.
Qualification: A minimum of BSc/B Eng (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) with other relevant trade qualification from government-approved institutions for the following fields:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering. (not less than 3 years of work experience)
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering. (not less than 2 years of work experience).
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
- Air Traffic Controller/Communicators. (must possess NCAA approved Air Traffic Control LicensMeteorologists. (must possess NCAA approved License from any government-approved organization/institution)
- Piloting (Rotary). (not less than 2 years of work experience)
General Entry Requirements
- All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- A male or female between the ages of 23 and 28 by January 2020.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA Standards.
- Recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. These could be a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel must be free from any disciplinary case (This is to be endorsed by the Commanding Officer/Commander).
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences or humanities from an accredited institution of learning. Courses of study must also be accredited at the time of the study.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants (other than serving members of the Armed Forces) must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid certificate of exemption as the case may be.
- Only post-secondary academic credentials obtained from 2014 to date will be considered.
- Candidates must present contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- They must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must also tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post-secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present a valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a minimum period of 5 years in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. All service personnel applicants are under obligation to declare their service status on the application as required by Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Candidates must not be members of any cult/secret society/fraternity.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Short Service Combatant
SSC will be granted for a total period of 15 years; ten years will be on active list renewable thereafter for a period, not more than 5 years. No extension shall be granted after the fifteenth year of commission except on conversion to regular combatant commission where applicable.
Officer Cadets shall be granted the rank of second lieutenant on successful completion of the military training
NOTE: Conversion to regular combatant commission is based on the availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time, it is not automatic
All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions governing the Short Service Combatant Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
Direct Short Service Commission
DSSC will be granted for 15 years, for an initial period of 8 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer. Conversion is also by the availability of vacancy and is in no way automatic.
All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions governing the Direct Short Service Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
Successful applicants shall be commissioned to the rank of Lieutenant, while Medical consultants shall be granted the rank of Major.
Application Closing Date
All application must be submitted on or before September 25th, 2019.
Method Of Application
The application guide provided on the official Nigerian Army website is outlined below;
Applications are to be made online free of charge from the 7th of August 2019.
(1) Log on to www.nigerianarmyms.ng to create an account.
(2) Read the qualification criteria.
(3) From the home page, select SSC or DSSC application and register the following information;
- Other names
- Phone Number
(4) On successful registration, you will receive an email notification containing your login details.
(5) Click on ‘Login’ to complete the application form.
(6) Ensure you upload all these required documents;
- Passport photograph.
- Educational certificates.
- Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
Applicants are required to print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from his/her state.
For further information, call the following helplines: 08179269294 and 08109959294 between 08:00 – 18:00 hours daily